N.J. Legislative Counsel Opinions
About Legislative Counsel Opinions
"Constitutionality of Gov. McGreevey's Executive Order No.134", Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to Assemblyman Joseph J. Roberts, Jr., Oct.15,2004. View Document
"Re Gov. McGreevy's Executive Order No. 139 on Syringe Access Programs", Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to Assemblyman Joseph Pennacchio, Nov.15, 2004. View Document in PDF HTML
"Whether proceeds of long term debt may be considered 'revenue' for the purpose of 'balancing' the budget," Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel Albert Porroni, to Senator Leonard Lance, June 17, 2004. View Document
"Whether the Governor can remove the Secretary of State for cause",
Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to Senate Republican Office, May 9, 2005. PDF HTML
- "Whether use of proceeds of Tobacco Settlement Financing Corporation advance refunding
bonds as anticipated State General Fund revenue is constitutional," Opinion of N.J. Legislative
Counsel to Assemblyman DeCroce, August 2, 2005. PDF
- "Surplus Greystone Park Hospital Property," Memorandum, to Hon. Joseph Penacchio, from
Jeffrey T. Climpson, Section Chief, Office of Legislative Services, May 2, 2008
- "Questions ... about the New Jersey business personal property tax (BPPT) imposed on certain propety used in the business of incumbent telephone companies, also known as
Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs),"
Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to Hon. Upendra J. Chivukula, September 26, 2008.
- "Whether amounts statutorily dedicated for appropriation through a poison pill may be
overcome by an annual appropriations act," Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to
Hon. Thomas H. Kean, Jr., April 22, 2009. PDF
- [Constitutional questions on Senate Bill No.1 (Second Reprint) (concerning affordable housing)],
Opinion of N.J. Legislative Counsel to Hon. Jerry Green, December 20, 2010.